10 Web Design & UX Trends to Embrace in 2017
The team at The Deep End Web Consulting has produced an infographic that not only outlines 2017 Web Design and UX Trends to Boost Conversions — it lets you know why they work.
Appearance, UX, and tactics all matter. These tips will give you ideas for putting them together to produce winning websites in 2017.
- Of course you know that websites need to do more than look good. They need to connect. Using age-responsive design to target specific demographics is one of the best ways to do this. Combine with custom landing pages (see Top Tactics) to help your client hone in on specific age demographics.
- Designers may turn their noses up at animation. But consider attracting attention to your CTA buttons with just a touch of movement.
- You probably have a whole list of things you to do to ensure that sites load quickly. But don’t forget the psychology of speed perception. Skeleton screens make web visitors think sites are loading even faster than your data reflects.
- Consumers with unanswered questions don’t convert. So put an engagement bot to work helping your client achieve conversions around the clock.
Successful web designers in 2017 will help clients achieve success by integrating strategy. Here are some ideas:
- For retailer clients, shopping cart marketing is a no-brainer with the potential to increase sales by 10 to 30 percent.
- Especially if your client’s target market includes millennials, persuasive video is a great way to drive conversions.
- Value Based Exit Overlays work because they require nothing of the consumer — but a last-ditch offer of free shipping or a bonus may get them to reconsider abandoning the website.
- Landing pages with everything needed to entice conversion offer opportunities to help your client with targeted marketing.
- And the old advice about trying to cram all essential elements above-the-fold — forget it. In 2017 and beyond, scrolling is widely accepted (making it easy to combine many of these suggestions on one uber-effective page.
2017 Web Design Trends to Boost Conversions – An infographic by Consultant Agency The Deep End
This post was written by Therese Moten, who is in charge of content at The Deep End, a web consulting agency in Chicago. When not busy with helping clients, she loves to stay up-to-date on everything related to content marketing, usability, and conversion optimization.